The nourishment needs of people change as they grow older. That is why seniors under Home Care in Largo, Florida need vitamins and minerals in their daily lives to help them cope with the effects of aging. They can obtain these from natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, fish, eggs and poultry, pork, and beef.
Meal Preparation and planning are crucial for the elderly. But if they don’t get enough from daily food intake and the source is scarce, seniors may need to take food supplements.
And they can get the additional nutrients they need from the following:
- Vitamin B6 helps form red blood cells and treats diabetes and arthritis.
- Vitamin B9 slows and prevents memory loss and helps convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Calcium is good for teeth and bone health.
- Vitamin D prevents the risks of having osteoporosis and weak bones, heart disease, and inflammation.
- Vitamin C boosts immunity, reduces the risk of most chronic diseases, and may aid in lowering blood pressure.
A Caregiver in Florida can help attain good nutrition by consistently serving nutritious foods to seniors. The carer can also ensure that clients take their medications and supplements on time.
PhilAm Home Care believes seniors can attain wellness through harmony and balance in their food and lifestyles. Proper guidance from Certified Nursing Assistants can help them with that.
Are you in need of Personal Care? Call us at 727-531-4946.
Leave a Reply